Developing Child Protection Policies
This workshop provides participants with clear guidance on how to develop an effective and robust child protection policy, as well as exploring associated procedures that create a culture of child protection within an organisation. This workshop will provide participants with a toolkit of information and resources to enable them to write or review a child protection policy, ensuring their organisation is compliant with current legislation requirements.
- Understand how to establish, promote and maintain a culture of child protection within their organisation.
- Understand how the Children's Act, 2014 impacts organisations and how to comply.
- Understand the key elements of a Child Protection Policy and know how to develop a robust and effective Child Protection Policy.
- Understand best practice guidelines for safe recruitment and safety checking of staff.
- Understand the legal requirements and processes for responding to, and reporting, child abuse and neglect.
- Know how to keep staff safe with consistent safe working practices.
This workshop will include a range of teaching methods and mediums including lecture, small and large group discussions, interactive activities, and video clips. Participants are encouraged to share their ideas and experiences.
One day (9.00am - 4.00pm)
Who should register?
This workshop is particularly suitable for anyone who works with children, especially those who are in a position to develop and/or influence policy and procedures within their agency or organisation.
For more information email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07 838 3370
[ ^ Back to top ]