Home > Child Protection Training > Programme > Programme Student Information

Programme Student Information

The following student information is specific to the Child Protection Studies Programme. Please also see General Student Information which applies to all of our training programmes.

Attendance Requirements

Students are expected to attend all sessions and an attendance record is kept. Child Matters recognises that from time to time events occur which may make it impossible for people to attend a particular session and therefore allows a student to be absent for up to one half of a day. All absences must be for a good reason and agreed and recorded by the tutor. Absences beyond one half of a day will need to be made up at another Child Protection Studies Programme (Also see “Awarding your qualification”).

Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)

Child Matters does not recognise prior learning for the Child Protection Studies Programme due to the range of assessment requirements used in the Programme.

Submitting Workbook

Completed workbooks should be submitted on the last day of the Programme to tutors. Wherever possible workbooks will be marked and returned within 21 working days of receipt. Click here to download the workbook. Please obtain the password from the consultant at the 5 Day programme.

Re-submitting Work

Students are given opportunities to re-submit work that does not meet required outcomes. There is no limitation on how many times work may be submitted to meet the required outcomes. However, Child Matters reserves the right to recover costs after work has been submitted more than twice.

Awarding your qualification

To successfully gain your qualification you must achieve the following:

• Meet attendance requirements
  • Meet the NZQA requirements for Workbook assessment
  • Submission of assignments “Preparing and presenting a fact sheet” and “Preparing and presenting a media analysis”
  • 75% in the Multi-choice question test
  • Submission of Post Course Report

Your certificate will be forwarded to you when all criteria has been successfully met and fees are paid in full. Deadlines for assignments must be met to achieve qualifications.

Students will have up to two years to complete the Child Protection Studies Programme. Requests made after this date, will require full completion of the programme, including attendance.

New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) Unit Standards

The Child Protection Studies Programme includes the following NZQA unit standards:

Unit Standard Level Credits
17454 Describe risk factors and indicators of child abuse 3 5
17455 Demonstrate knowledge of child abuse reporting procedures 3 3

Cancellation, Refund and Transfer Policy

Cancellation within 14 days of Programme commencement will incur a $325.00 cancellation fee. No refund will be applicable, after Programme commencement.

The above student information is specific to the Child Protection Studies Programme. Please also see General Student Information which applies to all of our training programmes.