These seminars are a partnership between Oranga Tamariki - Ministry for Children and Child Matters.
|Seminar Name||In Partnership with:||Length|
"Working Together for Vulnerable Kids"
|Oranga Tamariki - Ministry for Children||9.00am - 3.00pm|
'Working Together' one day seminars are free.
These seminars are an opportunity to create a child protection network in your community. Exploring the current landscape of child protection, what defines a vulnerable child and the role each person has in keeping children safe this seminar provides a great foundation in how to work together for vulnerable kids. These seminars are designed for professionals working with children, including teachers, health workers, and social service providers. The objectives of the seminar are to:
- Understand your role in supporting vulnerable children, and keeping them safe
- Understand what to look out for
- Gain a working knowledge of how to respond to vulnerable children
- Undersand the Vulnerable Children Act
- Understand the process when Oranga Tamariki receive a referral
- Build a network with others in your community
For more information on this seminar or discuss all our training options please contact Child Matters.
Working together for vulnerable kids for general practitioners has been endorsed by The Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP) and has been approved for up to 5.2 credits CME for the General Practice Educational Programme (GPEP) Years 2 and 3 and Maintenance of Professional Standards (MOPS) purposes.
[ ^ Back to top ]