Creating a Safe Organisation
Creating a safe organisation, school or service for children demonstrates a commitment to providing environments where children can feel respected, valued and encouraged to reach their full potential.
However, safe environments for children do not just ‘happen’. Creating a safe organisation requires an understanding of the many ways in which children can be at risk of harm or abuse, and the creation of clear and decisive actions to minimise the potential risk and respond appropriately should abuse occur. These actions should be documented within a robust child protection policy, embedded within the organisation’s culture, and responsibility for taking action understood and accepted at all staff levels.
This two-day workshop provides participants with information about how to create a safe environment for children. It provides advice and guidance on key components of a child protection policy as well as a practical toolkit to review, develop and implement your policy so that staff know what to do when they are concerned about the welfare of a child or young person.
- Understand how to advocate for the children and young people in their organisation's care
- Understand the key elements of a Child Protection Policy and know how to develop a robust and effective Child Protection Policy.
- Understand the best practice guidelines for safe recruitment of staff including safety checking in accordance with the Children's Act, 2014.
- Understand the best practice guidelines for ensuring safe working practices.
- Be able to identify when children and young people are vulnerable to child abuse and neglect, and recognise indicators and signs of child abuse and neglect
- Know how to respond to children and young people when abuse is suspected or disclosed.
- Understand the legal requirements and processes for responding to, and reporting, child abuse and neglect.
This workshop will include a range of teaching methods and mediums including lecture, small and large group discussions, interactive activities, and video clips. Participants are encouraged to share their ideas and experiences.
Two days (9.00am - 4.00pm each day)
Who should register?
This workshop is particularly suitable for anyone who works with children, especially those who are in a position to develop and/or influence policy and procedures within their agency or organisation.
For more information email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07 838 3370.
[ ^ Back to top ]